Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Pittsburgh's premier boxing event returns to the Grand Hall at the Priory Hotel!
Source: New York Times
October 21, 2014
The Priory gains a mention in an article in the New York Times discusing the re-purposing of churches and religious buildings in Pittsburgh. The article points our our "pint sized" Monks' Bar as well as our "sumptuous" Grand Hall event space.
Stash Hotel Rewards is a program which allows you to earn points towards free rooms at The Priory Hotel and other unique independent hotels all across the U.S. It's free to join - so click the logo and start earning points today!
Finally, a hotel rewards program that lets you
stay where you want
- One-of-a-kind hotels dedicated to the spirit of meaningful travel
- Earn free rooms ridiculously fast
- Redeem points easily-no blackout dates*
The Priory Hotel is now a part of Stash Hotel Rewards
* Points earned apply to room reservation only.
Located just blocks from the city center, but nevertheless away from it all, the Priory Hotel is the ideal location for hosting a private gathering. Tucked away on a non-through street, the Priory keeps a low profile. No one need know you’re here.
The Priory has three main gathering spaces: the Refectory, or Monks’ Dining Room; the Chapter House Room; and the Grand Hall. Between the three, the Priory Hotel can comfortably host groups from 5 to 350 for business meetings, weddings, bridal and baby showers, private dinners, corporate Holiday parties, charity functions, and a wide variety of other events.
- The Refectory: A “Refectory” is the dining room of a monastery, which is precisely what this room used to be. Now serving to host breakfast for our hotel guests, the Priory's Refectory, secluded and quiet, with its lofty tin ceiling and massive arched windows, offers a one-of-a-kind space for meetings, showers, small parties and other occasions. The Refectory can accommodate up to 35 persons for a seated event, and up to 50 for a cocktail-style event, but is cozy enough to comfortably host a meeting of just 5 or 10 people. In warmer months, the Priory's adjoining courtyard, with its trees, flowers and fountain, provides a verdant spot to reflect and enjoy the fresh air. At The Priory, guests will soon forget that they are in the middle of the city, just blocks from downtown.
- The Chapter House Rooms: Located in the Ground Level of the new wing, the Chapter House Rooms were built specifically for hosting business meetings. The Chapter House saRooms can be aligned to create one large conference room, holding a maximum of 60 guests. The Chapter House Rooms can also be divided into thirds for break out spaces. The Chapter House Rooms also have their own granite-topped serving area for breakfast, lunches and dinners.
- The Priory’s grand ballroom, the Grand Hall at the Priory Hotel, holds up to 350 for a sit down event and 500 for a cocktail-style event, but can be easily set for a more intimate gathering of 30 guests and up. For more information, visit the The Grand Hall website.