Tuesday, March 17, 2015
Pittsburgh's premier boxing event returns to the Grand Hall at the Priory Hotel!Sixth Annual Three Rivers Rowing Wine Tasting Gala
Thursday, March 19, 2015
Engjoy four courses of great wines paired with some great food and entertainment to benefit Three Rivers Rowing Association's Juniors program.
Source: Pittsburgh Tribune-Review
December 25, 2014
The Priory is featured prominently in this article by Rex Rutkowski discussing Pittsburgh hotel packages which celebrate the winter.
Stash Hotel Rewards is a program which allows you to earn points towards free rooms at The Priory Hotel and other unique independent hotels all across the U.S. It's free to join - so click the logo and start earning points today!
Finally, a hotel rewards program that lets you
stay where you want
- One-of-a-kind hotels dedicated to the spirit of meaningful travel
- Earn free rooms ridiculously fast
- Redeem points easily-no blackout dates*
The Priory Hotel is now a part of Stash Hotel Rewards
* Points earned apply to room reservation only.
Once known as the "Smoky City," Pittsburgh was justly famous for its steel making prowess. Only a generation ago, massive steel mills, miles long, lined the rivers just yards from downtown Pittsburgh. With the collapse of the Western Pennsylvania steel industry in the late 1970's and early 1980's, most of these mills were dismantled, leaving little of that rich industrial heritage.
Fortunately, some remnants of this gritty, hardworking way of life have been preserved, and The Priory's Steel City Heritage Package offers a chance to step back in time to witness the era.
Tours leave at 10:00 a.m. and 1:00 p.m. every Friday and Saturday, and 10:00 a.m. every Wednesday, from May through October.
The Steel City Heritage Package includes:
- An overnight stay in a Priory Hotel Standard room or Deluxe King room
- Two tickets for the Hardhat Tour of the former U.S. Steel Carrie Furnace Complex in Rankin (approx. 10 miles from the Priory) hosted by the Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area. Tour is two hours.
- Two tickets to the Heinz History Center
- A bottle of red wine, white wine, or champagne in your room at check in
- A copy of our own restoration tale: The Story of Resurrection: Pittsburgh's Grand Hall at the Priory.
Note: This package includes transportation to and from the Carrie Furnace site in our Priory Hotel shuttle at no extra cost!
Note: The Carrie Furnaces is a heavily industrialized site. Please dress accordingly. Heels and/or open-toed shoes will not be permitted. At this time, Carrie Furnace is not wheel chair accessible.Rate: $240 +tax for a Standard Queen room, $260 +tax for a Deluxe King room
Visit the Rivers of Steel National Heritage Area Website